Information on local music events that may be of interest to our members or supporters. If you would like to add an event to this page then please let us know.
Because of the current situation there are no live in-person events but there are a number of on-line ones.
- The choir at St Bartholomew’s in Lower Basildon (Maureen is a member) created a virtual recording of Lully, Lulla, Lullay by Stopford.
- Ralph Allwood, our founding Music Director, is Course Director for the latest Self Isolation Choir course – singing Ralph’s own choral arrangements of ABBA music! Here he introduces himself to the on-line choir.
- Our accompanist a year or so ago (or was it longer!) Arthur Bell sent a link to the Christmas Concert streamed on youtube by Wycombe High where he is Director of Music. He is conductor (and had planned to conduct us in our Summer 2020 concert if only …)
- A society member advised me that Rufus Frowde, who older members may recall as our accompanist when Darren was our Music Director, is now Organist and Assistant Director with Hampton Court Chapel Royal. This is a link to their Christmas concert due on 21st December and streaming until 4th January 2021
- Danae Eleni ( who sang as a soloists in Poulenc’s Gloria with us in March 2019) has let us know about an online recording of a Christmas concert. It was a one hour concert in Warsaw’s Fryderyk Concert Hall and will be available online until January 12th. Tickets available for £5.
- The son of one of our bases is a professional singer and been unable to perform much since March. He and his accompanist were able to deliver a short concert in their local church to a small but enthusiastic Covid secure audience.
- Wantage Silver band (who accompanied us in our summer concert in June 2016) has been delivering some live outdoor concerts – see their Facebook for details.
- Covent Garden (Royal Opera House) has been streaming a number of events – some are free!
- Some of our members have been singing with the Self Isolation Choir which has recently launched a choral only on-line radio channel.
- We have created a playlist of some of the live ‘singalong’ events happening on our YouTube channel.
- We also have been adding links via our Facebook page to various on-line concerts.
- Koor have a number of streamed concerts this December – see their website for details.
- Anyone interested in international choral competitions may find this Rimini International on-line competition of some interest
We have found a number of useful sites for both advertising Pangbourne Choral Society and finding interesting music concerts etc.
For classical concerts and opera performance throughout the UK Classical Events is very useful – we add our concerts when appropriate