Material for Works
We have set up a 20% discount with ChoraLine for any members wishing to buy rehearsal material (CDs or downloaded to pc, phone etc). See ChoraLine discount for details and contact Maggie for any further information.
Below we provide links for free materials on-line.
Choralia training aids can be downloaded so that you don’t have to be on-line to access them, by clicking on the little box at the top right hand side with a red downward arrow. Sometimes there is a problem with on-line Choralia, in which case I suggest downloading if possible.
You have three choices:
- to hear your voice alone (with a metronome when your voice is not singing);
- to hear your voice emphasised with other voices (with this setting your voice part can be emphasised by moving towards the big button on top of three small buttons using the gadgets below the hare and tortoise)
- to hear all voices at the same emphasis.
It is possible to change the speed at which they run using the hare or tortoise.
I have been introduced to Chord Perfect who provide training aids for some works, which are free if used on-line.
If anyone has any comments or additions on these materials, please contact Maggie.
Spring 2022 (for June concert)
Vaughan Williams’ O Taste and See: YouTube Performance
Fauré’s Requiem: Choralia practice, Chord Perfect Perfect, YouTube performance, The Sixteen YouTube performance, note also if you google ‘practice faure’s requiem’ you will find various YouTube practices for each part that include showing the score.
- Scores for Handel, Parry and Vaughan Williams works available at practice sessions.
- Hired scores for Fauré’s Requiem available contact Alison or Maggie