Information for Members
This page lists information of use to members of the Society, but which may also be of interest to others. A members only page has more information available to existing choir members, for which a password is required. Email us to ask for a reminder.
It was very disappointing to have to postpone the March concert after all the hard work that had been put in, but I hope that you can appreciate that it was the correct decision and that all the summer term rehearsals and concert also had to be cancelled.
We shall not be able to meet indoors this calendar year and therefore will not be ready to hold our usual large concert in March 2021, even if conditions were to permit by then.
We may be able to perform a lighter programme in the summer 2021 term. We may start online rehearsals for this programme in January 2021, with a view to rehearsing together outdoors later in that year when weather and light allow.
Full set of membership and subscription principles for 2020/21
- All 2019/20 paid-up Society memberships will automatically roll over into Society membership for 2020/21.
- No membership subscriptions will be charged for any 2020/21 term if the Society cannot physically meet for most of that term. For example, if the Society does not meet until January 2021 then only two terms’ worth of subscriptions will be due from the new year.
- The full annual subscription rate for 2020/21 will, in any event, not exceed the 2019/20 rate. The annual subscription will be used as the basis on which to calculate pro-rata rates, e.g. for fewer than three terms.
- New members will be invited to join on the bases outlined above, i.e. no subscriptions until the Society meets, and the annual rate fixed at no higher than that for 2019/20.
- For 2021/22 and subsequent years, annual subscription fees will be determined in the normal way assuming that we are clear of all COVID-19 restrictions.
Please note that all events – rehearsals, concerts and socials – are suspended until further notice.
We have set up an easyfundraising account to help sustain our society and enable us to continue to perform major works with high quality accompaniment and soloists.
Whenever you buy anything online you could be raising free donations for Pangbourne Choral Society.
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
Although there are various constraints and it is a little bit fiddly to use, we have had some success with a very limited number of contributors.
To date the society has received £53.19.
All you need to do is:
1. Go to easyfundraising and join for free.
2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
3. After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to Pangbourne Choral Society.
There are no catches or hidden charges and Pangbourne Choral Society will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.