'Come along and join the feelgood choir'
We welcome keen singers of all ages and voice parts – no auditions are required, although enthusiasm and commitment are expected!
Membership is open for our 2022/23 season
- There are two options: £96 for the full year or £64 for September through to the end of March.
- Our registration form is available to complete, or you can register interest by completing the small form at the bottom of any website page.
- New prospective members are welcome to two free rehearsals before deciding whether to join us.
- We will be doing Mozart’s Requiem plus some smaller choral pieces at our main 11th March concert
- First rehearsal is Tuesday 6th September
Please see Information for Members for updates on our plans.
We meet during school time for three terms from September through to June. Rehearsals are held from 7.45pm to 9.30pm on Tuesday evenings at the Falkland Islands Memorial Chapel, Pangbourne College.
We offer members three choices for length of membership per year:
- a complete season of three terms from September through to June
- the first two terms (Autumn and Spring) which include the League of Friends Carol Concert usually in December and our major Spring concert usually in February
- one term only (Summer) for those who prefer a lighter programme.
New members are given the opportunity to attend two rehearsals before committing.
In addition to singing within the choir from time to time we offer opportunities for members to sing solo parts or in semi-choruses. For example, during our regular Christmas Carol Concert or in performances like Dido and Aeneas in 2015.
Although most performances are at the Falklands Chapel from time to time we perform elsewhere including Douai Abbey and Reading Concert Hall, where we have performed Verdi’s Requiem and Mahler’s 2nd symphony.
The music scores we use are either purchased by members or hired. After each concert we have a fun social evening rubbing out scores, discussing our performance and enjoying a chance to catch up (with suitable refreshments).
Although we sing from scores, there is no requirement to be able to read music fluently. However, you will find that you will ‘learn by doing’.
Whilst half our members have been with us for more than ten years, about 30% joined in the last five years. Some take a break to do other things but quite often they return when time allows.
Our members come from across West Berkshire and Southern Oxfordshire including Woodcote, Earley, Thatcham, Chieveley, Cholsey and Caversham.
When we meet again in our usual way you could pop along to any rehearsal (suggest you arrive at 7.30pm to sort out a little paperwork and arrange some introductions). It would be helpful if you could contact us beforehand.
When available our latest membership form can be downloaded.